You can either push (Publish) or pull (Embed) a video to HuskyCT.
Publish a Video
If you publish, you cannot control where the video is located in HuskyCT. It will be shared using the HuskyCT tool called Media Gallery. Students will be able to make comments on the videos if you allow it as well as download videos if this option is turned on. The downloading video option is turned off by default.
- To publish, click on the video and then click on Edit > Publish.
- Turn on the Published option and you will be shown all the courses you teach or taught. Click on the course(s) to share the video. Then click Save. Be sure to add the tool Media Gallery to your course so students can see it.
Embed a Video
You can select where the video is shared in your course.
- To share a video in your course go to the content area where you want to share the video.
- Click on Build Content > Kaltura Media.
- Select your video and enter the HuskyCT fields then click Submit.
Embed a Quiz
To share a video with a quiz:
- In your course go to the content area where you want to share the video quiz
- Click on Assessment > Kaltura Video Quiz.
- Select your video quiz and enter the HuskyCT fields then click Submit. This will create a column in your Grade Center.
Sharing Video in Discussion Boards and other Areas
- In the discussion board when a student creates a thread they are prompted to enter text or optionally they can click on Mashups > Kaltura Media. This option is found in other areas in HuskyCT (i.e. when students submit video homework assignments).
- Click on the video you want to share and click Actions > Publish.
- Turn on Unlisted and click Save.
- Then from the Share button you can retrieve the link to the video or embed url.