Kaltura Capture is used to create recordings from your desktop and later upload them to Kaltura > My Media found in HuskyCT.
- Open HuskyCT and click on My Media (usually found below the list of courses). Alternatively you can go to http://kaltura.uconn.edu, click on Guest to Login.
- Click on Add New > Kaltura Capture
- If this is the first time using Kaltura Capture, you’ll be prompted to install it. Select your operating system. Otherwise, the application should automatically start.
- Select the source(s) you would like to record. You can record up to two sources such as two desktops, or one desktop and a web camera.
The second source (the camera) has been turned off.
- Click the Record button (or press Control+Shift+R on Windows or press Command+Shift+R on a Mac), you will see a 5 second count down and then your recording will start.
- When the recording begins, the duration of your recording is displayed in the Recording Menu. The Recording Menu will be recorded, unless you minimize it.
- To stop recording press the Stop button (white square) or press Control+Shift+S on Windows or press Command+Shift+S on a Mac and you will be prompted with a confirmation box.
Or by clicking the pause/resume recording button (red circle), you can pause or resume your recording at any time.
Press the cancel recording button (grey x) or press Control+Shift+C for Windows or Command+Shift+C for a Mac to discard the recording. You will be prompted with a confirmation box.
- After you “stop” your recording you will be directed to the entry page. Enter the following information and click Save & Upload:
- Title of Recording
- Your Recording can now be found in My Media