Taking an exam in HuskyCT? The following guidelines will provide tips to assist in successful test taking while in HuskyCT.
BEFORE a Test
- Establish a strong internet connection.
- If in a computer lab, be sure to be logged in with your personal NetID and password on HuskyCT.
- Use a standard Windows or Mac operating system with a HuskyCT compatible browser. DO NOT use a tablet or phone to take a test.
- Be sure to allow permission to display mixed content if prompted by a warning message at the bottom of your screen.
- Turn off third-party browser extensions such as Google or Yahoo toolbars.
- Allow pop-ups in your browser and clear browser history. Make sure to turn off the pop-up blocker feature within your browser.
- Limit the number of tabs and programs open while taking a test.
- Make adjustments to your browser screen size prior to beginning a test.
- Utilize practice exams posted by your instructor to rule out issues before starting a test.
- Read any exam instructions your professor has posted to familiarize yourself with the layout of the assessment.
DURING a Test
- Click Begin, Save, Next, and Submit buttons ONLY ONCE.
- Wait for test questions to fully load before making selections or moving on.
- When copying text from another program, first paste the text into a simple text editor, then copy/paste in the browser.
- DO NOT use Back, Forward, Enter or Tab keys to navigate while taking a test.
- DO NOT resize the window, refresh the page, or close the window while taking a test.
- DO NOT use the scroll wheel on a mouse to scroll within the test
- Refrain from clicking within the window aside from buttons, arrows and answer choices.
- Take note or screenshot any issues or errors encountered during a test to help facilitate diagnosis.