I would like to connect a remote presenter to my class or conference. They will be presenting, with or without content (PowerPoint slides or similar) to my class/conference.
- Contact the Registrar to reserve a Full video conference classroom or conference room. If a full video conference room isn’t available, the next best choice is a “Teach From” room.
- Please note that if you are only able to secure a “Teach From” site instead of a full video conference room, there will only be one camera (pointed at the front of the room) and the remote presenter will not have an optimal view.
- After you have secured one of these rooms, fill out the Video Conference Request form.
- After completing the form, you will receive an email within 3 business days, including a web link that you can share with the remote viewers and instructions on using the room.
Alternative Option: Web Conferencing (WebEx/WebRTC)
If you are unable to secure one of the rooms mentioned above, you can use this alternative option to connect your personal computer with the participant. Please note that you will need a microphone and webcam for your computer in order to connect with the remote participants. The microphone and web cam used will determine audio/video quality of the connection, generally built-in microphones provide poor quality. We do not have any spare microphone or web cams to loan out. We recommend using the Logitech C920 web cam with built in microphone.
- Choose which version of WebEx will work best for you from the details listed on the WebEx Page.
- To see how to schedule a WebEx meeting you can follow the steps listed on Cisco’s Page.
- We advise testing the WebEx connection with your remote participants by scheduling a test time before the actual event.
- On the day of the event, open the WebEx connection with remote participants and proceed with the event.