Kaltura Lecture Capture (KLC) is a cloud-based media capture and storage application that facilitates the integration of multi-media content into the UConn learning management system, HuskyCT. UITS announced in October 2016 that a KLC pilot version was available. We have used this past year to gauge its alignment with community needs and to evaluate its potential as an alternative to Mediasite. Feedback was overwhelmingly favorable. In particular, instructors found the improved student access to content creation, integration of quizzing and grade book, and enhanced captioning process extremely helpful.
UITS will officially add KLC to our service catalog and have tentatively scheduled the phase out of Mediasite for the end of the spring 2018 semester. We will send out additional information about any transition as the academic year unfolds. If you would like to share feedback about your experience with this service, please take a moment to complete our survey or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CaptureSpace - Desktop recording software (similar to Mediasite Desktop Recorder)
- HuskyCT - UCONN's Learning Management System (Blackboard)
- How to upload video files to Kaltura
- How to edit videos in Kaltura
- How to add videos in Kaltura (Student)
- How to add a quiz to a video in Kaltura
- How to embed and share Kaltura videos (non-quiz) in Blackboard (Faculty)
- How to embed and share Kaltura quiz videos in Blackboard (Faculty)
- How to allow others to edit your videos
- How to embed pre-scheduled live events or classes into HuskyCT
- MediaSpace - Content portal to access and manage videos without using HuskyCT
- Training Video from Kaltura for UConn Faculty/Staff/Students (click link below)
- [UConn] Kaltura Training for Blackboard-20161102 1806-1 Duration: 57 Minutes | Recorded on Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 3:07 pm