Kaltura is a cloud-based service that lets you provide a rich multi-media curriculum to your students. Fully integrated within Blackboard, you and your students can create and share image, video, and audio files within your HuskyCT course. The service converts files into multiple formats for ease-of-use, and no plugins or special software are needed to view videos. Since the media files are stored remotely, you are not limited by course storage quotas.
UITS is offering this pilot version of Kaltura throughout the Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 semesters while we evaluate its fit for our university community. If you would like to share feedback about your experience with this service, please take a moment to complete our survey or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CaptureSpace - Desktop recording software (similar to Mediasite Desktop Recorder)
- HuskyCT - UCONN's Learning Management System (Blackboard)
- How to upload video files to Kaltura
- How to edit videos in Kaltura
- How to add videos in Kaltura (Student)
- How to add a quiz to a video in Kaltura
- How to embed and share Kaltura videos (non-quiz) in Blackboard (Faculty)
- How to embed and share Kaltura quiz videos in Blackboard (Faculty)
- How to allow others to edit your videos
- MediaSpace - Content portal to access and manage videos without using HuskyCT
- Training Video from Kaltura for UConn Faculty/Staff/Students (click link below)
- [UConn] Kaltura Training for Blackboard-20161102 1806-1 Duration: 57 Minutes | Recorded on Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 3:07 pm