This guide assumes that you already have content upload into the Kaltura portal.
2. Select the edit button to open the editable options window.
3. There are a number of editable fields available.
- Details – Allows for the editing of name, description and tags.
- Options – Allows comments and clipping options
- Collaboration – Allows the option to enable someone else to edit or publish your videos.
- Attachments – Allows for the addition of files (such as slides, pdfs, etc.) to be added alongside the video.
- Captions – Allows for the upload of caption files. UConn does not provide any caption service or software directly, however, there are vendors which caption service can be purchased.
- Thumbnails – Allows for the changing of the thumbnail preview in the video.
- Downloads – Allows the downloading of the video file.
- Timeline – Allows for chapters to be created within the video. Also, if you used the Presentation option using “Presentations & Lectures” you can replace, add, delete slides here.
- Replace Video – Allows for the video to be replaced by a new video either via upload or from a URL. Note: You will not see “Replace Video” tab if you used the Presentation option under “Presentations & Lectures.” You will see this if you selected “Screen Capture” instead.
- Trim Video – Allows for the trimming of the beginning, end, or both, of the video. Please note that current functionality prevents the trimming of the middle of a video. You can only trim the beginning and the end (i.e. If you record a video and make a mistake in the middle, there is no way to edit that middle section out.) Note: You will not see “Trim Video” tab if you used the Voice option for recording or the Presentation option under “Presentations & Lectures.” You will see “Trim Video” if you selected “Screen Capture” under “Presentations & Lectures” or recorded the Webcam.
- Create Clip – Allows for a clip of the video to be created as a new video.